The Town of Atoka is seeking a full-time Chief of Police. The Town of Atoka is in Tipton County, Tennessee, approximately 30 miles north of Memphis, and has a population of around 10,000. Atoka Police Department consists of 22 sworn full-time officers and 5 sworn reserve officers. As Atoka continues to be a growing community, it still retains its small-town character. The successful candidate will have the following characteristics: positive attitude with impeccable integrity, ethics, and professionalism, self-motivated, detail oriented and well organized. The candidate must also be team-oriented and be able to communicate effectively with the public and all departments.
A complete job description and application are available at Atoka Town Hall, during normal business hours and also at www.TownofAtoka.com. Applicants must submit a completed Town of Atoka job application, cover letter with resume containing at least three (3) professional references to the Town Recorder by 3 p.m. on Monday, December 14, 2020.
This is an Exempt position. Salary range is $55,000 - $65,000 annually.
Special Agent 1
Office of Inspector General
About the Office of Inspector General:
The Office of Inspector General identifies, investigates, and criminally prosecutes persons who commit fraud against TennCare. These investigations include doctor shopping, drug diversion, and eligibility.
• Conduct criminal investigations related to TennCare Fraud,
• Interview victims, witnesses, and suspects,
• Collaborate with other law enforcement agencies (local, state, & federal),
• Issue subpoenas and execute search warrants to gather case evidence for criminal prosecution,
• Travel across the State of Tennessee,
• Prepare investigative report for criminal prosecution,
• Communicate with District Attorneys for criminal case prosecution,
• Testify for Grand Jury Indictment and Criminal Court Trial,
• Receive forty (40) hours of law enforcement in-service training,
• Carry and train with handguns and patrol rifles,
• Communicate with the general public to explain the mission of OIG.
• Reside in Middle Tennessee, within 50 miles of 665 Mainstream Dr., Nashville TN.
• Have completed a four-year degree, preferred
• Must be a P.O.S.T. Certified Law Enforcement Officer in Tennessee
• Possess a valid vehicle operator’s license
• Minimum of four (4) years of criminal investigation experience
• Pass a background check
• Pass a physical evaluation
• Pass a psychological evaluation
Questions: Contact Amber Heath at 615-687-7265
Please submit a resume for consideration by December 15, 2020.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO:
Amber Heath, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Inspector General
C/O Amber Heath
PO Box 282368
Nashville TN, 37228-8514