EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS SPECIALIST
Johnson City, TN (East Tennessee State University)
Posted: July 28
Campus Emergency Management seeks to fill an Emergency Preparedness Specialist. This position is responsible to Chief Operating Officer and the Director of Public Safety for managing emergency preparedness including:
- Training for students, faculty and staff
- Maintaining responsibility for the protocol and implementation of drills and exercises
- Managing emergency preparedness policies in accordance with all applicable regulating agencies at the federal and state levels
- Functioning as liaison with local emergency management agencies
- Maintaining a record system of drills, exercises and events
Working with partner departments, the Emergency Preparedness Specialist will design and oversee implementation, management, monitoring, and continually improve campus-wide and departmental emergency preparedness, to improve the University’s ability to recognize and respond to emergencies and effectively manage incidents. The position will also establish and maintain:
- Vigorous and continuing efforts to identify strategic and operational vulnerabilities
- The need for response or continuity planning through exercises, surveys, and operational reviews
- Opportunities to engage with faculty, staff and students to develop a campus-wide culture of emergency preparedness
- Best practices in the industry for application to our University approach
Additionally, the position will lead the development and maintenance of the University’s emergency operations, preparedness, response, recovery, and business continuity protocols and policies consistent with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS). The Emergency Preparedness Specialist will:
- Lead and/or coordinate a project team to write and/or review Incident Action Plans (IAPs) and Emergency Operation Plans (EOPs) that incorporate diverse viewpoints and capabilities assessments
- Assist in developing EOC processes and position-specific checklists, and test and maintain EOC equipment on a regular basis
- Provide incident notification and share situational awareness as needed or requested
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Position is contingent upon sufficient funding.
ETSU is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all of our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. Successful candidates should have a demonstrated commitment and contribution to fostering and advancing equity, diversity and inclusion. East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a diverse range of people.
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, consensus building skills.
- Ability to train large and small groups on emergency and safety topics.
- Operational problem solving/decision making experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of electronic word processing and spreadsheet software.
- A Bachelor’s degree in emergency preparedness, business or public administration, or related field required. Equivalent experience with emergency management with certifications along with some college may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience as an instructor for courses related to emergency management.
- Two years of experience with emergency management or related professional environment required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS) are preferred.
- Certifications of FEMA 100, 200, 300, 700, 800 are preferred.
Position is open until filled.
Posted July 14, 2020
The City of Brentwood is seeking highly motivated persons for a career in law enforcement in a positive, professional environment.
Current Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification holders, women and other minorities are encouraged to apply. Out of State Lateral Transfers and Non-certified applicants must be able to obtain Tennessee certification in a reasonable time. The City of Brentwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Starting annual salary is $40,372.80 per year ($19.41/hr.) with incentives for higher education or emergency medical training. Benefits include:
- Free Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employee.
- Paid Vacations and Holidays.
- Annual Vehicle Stipend of $2400 after probationary period.
- Shift Differential pay up to $2100.
- Annual Uniform allowance.
- Longevity Bonus after 5 years of service.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- TCRS Enhanced Retirement.
- G.I. Bill approved training provider.
Applicants must have 60 semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited college or university, or 30 semester hours and 2 years of experience as a certified Police Officer or Military Police Officer. Applicants must be 21 years of age before hire date and be a citizen of the United States.
Applicants must be able to obtain a valid Tennessee driver's license. Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation. Selection process includes:
- Applicants must pass a physical fitness test.
- Applicants must pass a written test.
- Applicants who pass the written test will participate in an oral interview process.
- Applicants must pass a polygraph test.
- Applicants must pass a psychological and medical examination.
- Applicants must not have any tattoos visible in a traditional short sleeve uniform.
Online application and job description are available at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/brentwoodtn
Completed applications must be submitted online no later than 4:30 pm on August 28, 2020. For additional information, please contact (615) 577-6085:
Brentwood Police Department
5211 Maryland Way
Brentwood, Tn. 37027