The Town of Atoka is seeking a full-time Chief of Police. The Town of Atoka is in Tipton County, Tennessee, approximately 30 miles north of Memphis, and has a population of around 10,000. Atoka Police Department consists of 22 sworn full-time officers and 5 sworn reserve officers. As Atoka continues to be a growing community, it still retains its small-town character. The successful candidate will have the following characteristics: positive attitude with impeccable integrity, ethics, and professionalism, self-motivated, detail oriented and well organized. The candidate must also be team-oriented and be able to communicate effectively with the public and all departments.
A complete job description and application are available at Atoka Town Hall, during normal business hours and also at www.TownofAtoka.com. Applicants must submit a completed Town of Atoka job application, cover letter with resume containing at least three (3) professional references to the Town Recorder by 3 p.m. on Monday, December 14, 2020.
This is an Exempt position. Salary range is $55,000 - $65,000 annually.
Special Agent 1
Office of Inspector General
About the Office of Inspector General:
The Office of Inspector General identifies, investigates, and criminally prosecutes persons who commit fraud against TennCare. These investigations include doctor shopping, drug diversion, and eligibility.
• Conduct criminal investigations related to TennCare Fraud,
• Interview victims, witnesses, and suspects,
• Collaborate with other law enforcement agencies (local, state, & federal),
• Issue subpoenas and execute search warrants to gather case evidence for criminal prosecution,
• Travel across the State of Tennessee,
• Prepare investigative report for criminal prosecution,
• Communicate with District Attorneys for criminal case prosecution,
• Testify for Grand Jury Indictment and Criminal Court Trial,
• Receive forty (40) hours of law enforcement in-service training,
• Carry and train with handguns and patrol rifles,
• Communicate with the general public to explain the mission of OIG.
• Reside in Middle Tennessee, within 50 miles of 665 Mainstream Dr., Nashville TN.
• Have completed a four-year degree, preferred
• Must be a P.O.S.T. Certified Law Enforcement Officer in Tennessee
• Possess a valid vehicle operator’s license
• Minimum of four (4) years of criminal investigation experience
• Pass a background check
• Pass a physical evaluation
• Pass a psychological evaluation
Questions: Contact Amber Heath at 615-687-7265
Please submit a resume for consideration by December 15, 2020.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO:
Amber Heath, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Inspector General
C/O Amber Heath
PO Box 282368
Nashville TN, 37228-8514
Belle Meade PD
The City of Belle Meade, a satellite city within Metropolitan Nashville/Davidson County, Tennessee, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Chief of Police. This residential City of almost 3,000 residents has a land area of 3.1 square miles, almost 40 miles of tree lined streets and over 1,100 single family homes. The per capita income of Belle Meade is one of the highest in the state. In 2018, the City installed a video and LPR camera system at 19 entry/exit points in the City, which has proven to be an essential safety and crime prevention tool.
Candidates for the Chief position shall have strong and proven leadership capabilities as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills, a thorough knowledge of police administration practices and the ability to plan, organize and coordinate the activities of thirteen police officers, a criminal investigator, four full-time and two part-time dispatch communication personnel. Candidates shall be expected to maintain the department’s culture of timely responsiveness to all calls from residents and continue to build professional and working relationships with residents. Candidates should continue to support existing liaisons with other local agencies, in particular Metro Nashville.
Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software is required. Knowledge of budget preparation and management is essential. Currently, the Police Department operates within an annual budget of 1.8 million. Special knowledge of and experience in implementing community relations initiatives is also necessary.
Candidates shall meet all requirements for Tennessee P.O.S.T. certification and have a minimum of ten years of law enforcement experience, including three to five years of command staff experience. Minimum of high school graduate with appropriate command experience is required; a bachelor’s or master’s degree in criminal justice or related field and command staff training through FBI/National Academy or comparable training are preferred. The Belle Meade Police Department operates within a current annual budget of $1.8 million. Salary range for this position is $69,000 to $98,000, with a comprehensive benefits package.
A copy of the job description, application, and all related documents are available at
https://citybellemeade.org/employment/. Your application packet must include the following:
• Application (on website)
• Resume with cover letter and four work-related and two personal references
• A Summary of Qualifications, Experience & Special Training or Honors
• Employment Application and Interview Agreement (on website)
• Pre-Interview Questionnaire (on website)
Send the application packet to Beth Reardon, City Manager, City of Belle Meade, 4705 Harding Road, Nashville, TN 37205. For questions, phone (615) 297-6041 or email email@example.com. Application packets must be received by 4:00 pm on Thursday, January 7, 2021. References will not be contacted until a mutual interest has been established after completion of a formal interviewing process. EOE.