Click a job opportunity below for more information.
Police Officer - Brentwood, TN
The City of Brentwood is seeking highly motivated persons for a career in law enforcement in a positive, professional environment.
Current Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification holders, women and other minorities are encouraged to apply. Out of State Lateral Transfers and Non-certified applicants must be able to obtain Tennessee certification in a reasonable time. The City of Brentwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Starting salary is $38,230.42 per year ($18.38/hr.) with incentives for higher education or emergency medical training. Certified Police Officers may also be eligible for up to 10% above the starting pay rate based on their level of experience. Benefits include:
- Free Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employee.
- Paid Vacations and Holidays.
- Annual Vehicle Stipend of $2400 after probationary period.
- Shift Differential pay up to $2100.
- Annual Uniform allowance.
- Longevity Bonus after 5 years of service.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- TCRS Enhanced Retirement.
- G.I. Bill Approved training program.
Applicants must have 60 semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited college or university, or 30 semester hours and 2 years of experience as a certified Police Officer or Military Police Officer. Applicants must be 21 years of age before hire date and be a citizen of the United States.
Applicants must be able to obtain a valid Tennessee driver's license. Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation. Selection process includes:
- Applicants must pass a physical fitness test.
- Applicants must pass a written test.
- Applicants who pass the written test will participate in an oral interview process.
- Applicants must pass a polygraph test.
- Applicants must pass a psychological and medical examination.
- Applicants must not have any tattoos visible in a traditional short sleeve uniform.
Application and job description are available online at www.brentwoodtn.gov/departments/human-resources/current-job-openings
Completed applications must be submitted no later than 4:30 pm on August 11, 2017 to Human Resources. For additional information please contact (615)577-6041:
Captain Alan Hardcastle
Brentwood Police Department
5211 Maryland Way
Brentwood, Tn. 37027